Quick and easy icebreaker for your classroom. Click on the photo for your free download.
22 Jul 2013 Leave a comment
Hi, very-neglected-blog! I have some exciting news…in a few days I will start teaching in private school. Yikes! I wanted to document my journey here, because I feel that my life as an educator directly links to my life as a home school grad. Here are the reasons I have choosen to teach:
- To be salt and light in the world (the school is in Washington, D.C. and secular).
- To help kids that were less fortunate in their parents’ school choice.
- To aid special education students that may not have had parents able to help them with certain disabilities, without training or financial hardship (my school deals exclusively with reading-based learning disabilities)
- Because God has called me to.
- Because I had the best training in the world from my Mom and I want to pass it on.
- To continue my life-long learning.
- To pay off debt.
- Because it is fun to do while I wait for my own children.